Pampering 8.01

I'm a girl, and I suppose that means I enjoy pampering myself more than the average guy.  Of course, guys in my age group probably don't have as many acne problems as I do.  I have finally found something that seems to be working (Skinceuticals Retinol 0.5, used every other night), but even so, my skin gets that "congested feeling" and I have a collection of facial products, so I felt like doing a whole slew of them today.

1.  Wash face in shower, let pores open up, use a salicylic exfoliating wash
2.  Use a charcoal pore-clearing mask
3.  Now that pores are nice and clear, use an anti-acne mask (contains camphor, sulfur)
4.  Use a skin calming mask (mushroom based)
5.  Use the Retinol tonight

It seems like a lot, and I don't do it often - maybe once a month, but it seems to help - and it's been a while since I started right out from the shower, so maybe it'll penetrate better than usual.  I have links to the products I use - I don't generally like Origins anymore because a lot of their newly formulated stuff has given me allergic reactions, but their older stuff is still good - and it's just sitting in my cabinets at home, so why not use them?

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Origins, Skinceuticals, or Biore - I am just a consumer who happens to like these products and do not know anything beyond how they act on my skin and what is listed on the box.  Aside from Retinol, Salicylic Acid, and Sulfur, none of these products or ingredients are proven to cure, improve, or manage acne.  

Comments

Popular Posts