In the Wasteland

Been feeling a lack of inspiration lately.  And when I'm not 'doing' something, I start feeling depressed, so I gotta shake myself out of this.  Don't really know what I should do to fix it, so I'll run through my usual ideas.

Idea: Get gung-ho about exercising!
Counter-argument: Already have a decent regimen going, and wouldn't want the fiance to get upset if I look too toned...

Idea: Write more of that NaNoWriMo!
Counter-argument: Not in the mood, not 'feeling' it, blahhhhh

Idea: Work on beaded bugs
Counter-argument: Gotta buy materials, and it takes time

Idea: Order wedding favor parts and get started!
Counter-argument: Expensive?  And the fiance needs to work on his portion.  And we don't know final numbers, might be able to save money if we wait a bit.

Idea: Learn the piano!
Counter-argument: Not a bad idea, but laziness and lack of training materials...but still not a bad idea

Idea: Find new music to get excited about!
Counter-argument: Doesn't feel too productive to sit on my laptop with Pandora, but not a bad idea.

Idea: Paint!
Counter-argument: What subject?  Dark stuff?  Something for the fiance?  Might not have sufficient materials...

Idea: Read more Necronomicon + tea or other beverage
Counter-argument: Might do that, since they are short stories and if I'm not feeling it then I can put it down.

Idea: Play computer games!  I do have two new ones...
Counter-argument: One game really needs to be played at night by myself in the dark, the other - not in the mood.  The usual: played a million times, though I do have a new 'quest' that I can explore somewhat.

Idea: Organize insects!
Counter-argument: Don't have the patience right now, but I really should get on that...

Idea: Cook something fancy!
Counter-argument: Again, money - and trying NOT to gain weight.  However, I am going to start experimenting with roasting poultry since the fiance has passed the baton to me, so to speak, after a few less-than-successful endeavors.  That'll be next week maybe though.

Idea: Work on Spanish on Duolingo!
Counter-argument: Maybe I will since it's quick.

Idea: Clean upstairs!
Counter-argument: Now you're really reaching...

Idea: Watch stuff on TV that I've already watched?
Counter-argument: Maybe... or maybe find something NEW for a change?

Idea: Go for a walk - it's pretty nice out!
Counter-argument: If I can get the fiance to go with me - otherwise I'll wait and run in the evening.  Didn't put on makeup today so a shower won't be particularly inconvenient.

Idea: Learn another skill - or learn a set of knowledge.  Like reviewing wine regions, characteristics...?
Counter-argument: That might work, though I gotta find some stuff to do first.

Idea: Read medical articles/journals - you're starting an Emergency rotation on Monday...
Counter-argument: Blahhhhhh...

Idea: Have a drink?  Forget the world?
Counter-argument: It's 2pm and sunny.  And calories.

Idea: Okay, I tried, go fuck yourself.
Counter-argument: Maybe I will...

Well, after all that it looks like I'm most open to... going for a walk run (since the fiance said no), reading more Necronomicon with a beverage, watching something on TV - maybe look for some videos about Emergency medicine, playing out some of Skyrim, exploring some music or doing duolingo...  Kinda want to give up Facebook too.  That and Yahoo! News are both on my continual refresh list and they almost never change with anything interesting so it's getting pretty boring...Don't know why I bother.  Partly used to be to enjoy schadenfreude but now I don't even care as much about that.

I think I'll start with reading...I guess.  I could also just take a long walk over to the UC Davis bookstore and get a pair of scrubs, but then I'll probably be too tired to run later.  I'll leave that for tomorrow, I suppose.  I'll be running shortly.

Comments

Popular Posts