Creative Projects 7.01

I tend to dream big.  As a result, I start projects with great vision in mind.  Sometimes it turns out great.  Other times it is a waste of resources.  Nonetheless, it is fun, exciting, and I usually find something to do.  At the moment, two projects are on my mind - creating more art for the apartment, and making props from a computer game.  I made props from Bioshock for this past New Year's Party, and those turned out really well.  I had to do some graphic design, a lot of printing, some cutting, pasting, scuffing, but it was all worth it. 



Anyway, New Vegas has a whole host of other things - here is a link of props another person has already done: http://buddyman2011.deviantart.com/art/fallout-new-vegas-props-246711741

Pretty neat stuff.  I may also try to do food items inspired by food in the actual game.  Shame we don't have mutated mantises or fire geckos.  The other project is I want to do a pressed plant piece - originally the idea was to do it as a birthday or anniversary present for my boyfriend, who adores herbs, but when I started looking into it I realized I didn't have the right paper, and it would take a while if I wanted to do it right.   Currently on the list of things to do for this project includes finding the paper, getting the materials (including 4 herbs: Thyme, Rosemary, Basil, Dill), and making it.  
Something like this (not me, a girl who submitted her plant project for a contest or something similar: http://www.hort.cornell.edu/art/gallery/images/2008fallprojects/pressed_herbsx1200.jpg)

Comments

Popular Posts