Haute Cuisine 1.06

Sometimes...foods are failures.  The cucumber soup - rather blecky.  The root vegetables - not my best.  My boyfriend made a recipe with them once before that he wasn't too fond of but which I enjoyed a lot and I tried to recreate it but to no avail.  I am going to try blending them tomorrow a la mashed potatoes and adding some nutmeg, some cinnamon, and making a mushroom gravy to pair with it.  Hopefully that will make for a tolerable lunch menu - maybe my boyfriend will even like it.  

As for the cucumber soup...I'm going to just have to salvage the cucumber bits in there and mix those with other chopped semi-fruits like bell peppers, citrus, pear, cherry tomatoes, something like that and make a fruit salad.  I'll add some almond shavings, maybe feta if I am so inclined, and some lemon juice to keep it fresh.  I've made something similar before and it should taste fine, it's just a hassle to have to re-engineer both these dishes.  I guess that's what you get when you are experimenting.  Hopefully soon I can go to a proper bookstore and look through cook books.

Comments

Popular Posts