Bloodlust 2.01

I play a lot of video games, watch a fair few animes, read my share of violent mangas and comic books, so it should be no surprise that there's a reason for that.  I also have some rather Gothic inclinations, which I shall go into more in a later post.  At the moment, something that has been on my mind a lot lately is...bloodlust.  A lot of us feel it at some point - that urge to cut through flesh, rip through something, feel that hot red spray on your face.  I'm going to stop you before you start thinking "obvious sexual fetish" because, while I have many, this is definitely not one of them.  It is that warrior samurai heat-of-the-battle urge that we ignore in civilized society which only rears its ugly but majestic head at times of dizzying adrenaline-fueled emotional highs or when you're walking alone at night in the bad part of town.  

Whatever the case, I've been thinking it would be a fun art project - maybe even a fantasy self-photography project.  I may even develop it into a Halloween costume - something like a Samurai princess costume, with a slashed kimono, a prop sword, blood red hair ribbons, elaborate makeup, a slash across my shoulder and face with blood, and of course splattered blood on my costume and skin.  More and more that is gaining momentum as a potential project in my mind...  more to come on that later.  On a quick cursory search about bloodlust, I quickly found what will likely become my prop sword for Halloween, and at only $35 - I don't see why not.  I will do an artist's concept later - I have a lot of time.


Comments

Popular Posts