Haute Cuisine 1.05

I found an amazing looking set of cooking books, my boyfriend agrees it would be awesome to have, unfortunately the set costs about $650, and for that I could afford that beautiful handgun I've been wanting.  Again, that goes in another entry.  However, this set of books is really neato - great photography, great use of science and chemistry.  One day...perhaps we shall get these volumes of books.


My food menu for this week is Cucumber Soup and Honey-Glazed Root Vegetables.

Cucumber Soup
3 Cucumbers (2 blended, 1 chopped for garnish)
1 1/3 cups low fat yogurt
1 1/3 cups low fat milk
2 tbsp parsley
2 tbsp chopped mint
2 tbsp dill 
Splash of lemon juice

Honey-Glazed Root Veggies
3 rutabega
1 turnip
3 carrots
3 parsnips
1 yuca root
Chopped and put in a large pan, drizzled with honey, roasted at 425 degrees F for about an hour.  Yeah, not the most haute-style cuisine, but I need to go to a bookstore and search for a good haute cuisine book - I don't really like the vegetable options available in the Chez Panisse book - that book has some good meat dishes, but the veggie dishes use too much green garlic and various other stuff.  Funny story - the girls at the store had no clue what rutabegas, parnsips, or yuca roots were...

Comments

Popular Posts