Saturday, June 9, 2012

Halloween 13.05

Continuing with the ASHPD - It is coming along about as expected.  Today I used the cut outs of some of my flashcards to mold the final part of the edge between the 3'' and 4'' pieces.  I was going to use superglue but discovered that the superglue that I had was all dried up so I ended up using a hot glue gun.  Glued those pieces on, each has a width of 1/2" and put the spackle in between.  Then filled in a bit and set it aside to dry.


The next step was using the hack saw to saw off the ends of the acrylic plunger handle.  It was a lot easier than I expected it to be, didn't take particularly long.  If you do it in a circumferential fashion you can just break the pieces apart when you've done enough.  Then I took some of the sandpaper (100 grit for purpose of records) and sanded it outside for a bit - again, didn't take too long.  There's still a line that I couldn't quite get sanded because of how it's manufactured, but that part can just be face down.  See the updated pictures below!


I think I will end up using the telescoping portion of the tube, on account of the thickness of the device I'm making isn't all that thick.  I could work on the front nozzle today, but...alas, studying and eating await.


No comments:

Post a Comment