Alas, I think I was overstretching myself trying to read two textbooks, non-textbooks, and various other projects.
Several major things have been interfering - the main ones being PLANNING.
Normally I like planning, but this is getting a bit excessive and yes, I'm mostly to blame.
1) Southwest National Parks trip - hitting Zion, Arches, Mesa Verde, Canyon de Chelly, and Petrified Forest
2) Scotland trip - focusing on Edinburgh and a trip through the highlands
3) Bachelorette party in Seattle which means coordinating with 6 other people I don't know in a place I don't know...
4) Portland trip for Eclipse
5) Various winery trips
6) Eventually a trip to Humboldt and Redwoods in the late Summer time.
Not to mention increased pressure to make sure the Journal Club stays fresh and doesn't atrophy over time.
So alas the World History and Marine Biology readings will have to be a bit less frequent.
Did finish the spice book and we made some new recipes recently - not bad on the whole. It's hard when you already know so many things that you like to cook and eat - being adventurous comes with its risks...
Halfway through "Doctors from Hell" by Vivian Spitz about the Subsequent Hearings after the Nuremberg Trials which focused on the physicians and the "experiments" they carried out. "Experiment" is a very loosely applicable word, as experiment suggests they have a hypothesis and studied the effects with some kind of goal. The way these doctors did things seemed mostly to be "what would happen if we did X to a person?" Not really any scientific theories of how to prevent bad things from happening, and nothing seemed to add anything to the field of knowledge.
A couple other work-in-progress books... but not including...
- How to use my new camera, the Nikon D3300
- National Geographic Guide to the National Parks (to better plan the Southwest trip)
Writing, photo albums, computer games...
Not to mention obligatory socialization from time to time...
And then the looming threat of motherhood in 2-3 years.
The odds are forever stacked against us I suppose - just have to keep struggling on -
* sigh *