On Into 2016

Well, the New Year has begun.  I started it out by finishing Jack London's "The Iron Heel" - not bad overall, but a little too preachy for my tastes, not enough focus on stories.  Too much explaining.  The ending is great, though, I will say that much.

Anyhow... back to work.  Yay.  Luckily, I'm mostly overseeing other people so that leaves ample time to study, read stuff, watch lectures, work on resolutions...

Alas, two things that I really must get out of the way to liberate myself from their constant pressure is the TAR wars presentation and my COPD presentation.

Resolutions wise, today is the first day to start strong -
Restart exercises - hopefully will get on that tonight
Duolingo streak - 95 days and counting, did two new German lessons today
Shutterfly album - I can work on that after these presentations...
Reading books - Finished Jack London, now for For Whom The Bell Tolls, methinks
Cardiovascular lecture - shouldn't be hard to watch just one of those a week
Continue AAFP, NEJM, BMJ readings - I'll look something up right now!
Violin - ongoing of course, probably going to be ordering some new sheet music.  As a Christmas present, my Mom paid off the rest of the violin, so I am no longer a renter, I own my own instrument!
Computer games - with any luck, these next three weeks I can be so productive at work that I'll be able to devote myself to my games!  Oh, Nick Valentine, I can't wait to converse more with you!
ABFM boards - Enh... that's what resolutions 5 and 6 are supposed to help with - I'll worry about that when I come to it.  My chance of failing is less than 1% even if I took it right now without studying.
Pre-Christian Sabbaths - Imbolc is coming up in a month, time to look up some recipes!   This looks promising: Poppy Seed Cake (No Lemon!) and perhaps an egg-white based cocktail or a white wine sangria, or mulled mead.  And a creamy quiche!

I've been feeling the tug to work on my stories again...  even Red Horizon which stressfully ate up an entire month of my life.  Not sure where I'll find the time to do any of these things... but I have to somewhere!  Balance... if only I didn't need to sleep.  If only I wasn't also trying to abstain from energy drinks.  They sure work well... but they also are so unhealthy.  I'm trying to stick with just tea as my brain booster.  Okay.  I can do this.  I can revise this horrible presentation for the project I'm ridiculously sick of.  Just a little longer.  Gaaaaaaaah!

Comments

Popular Posts