Computer Games 11.04

So, here's another video game-inspired edible - Honey Nut Treats.  In the game, you see these little yummy looking items lying around all over the place:


It might not look like much, but when you see it EVERYWHERE you go in game, while ignoring your own body's desire to eat out of constant visual and mental stimulation, then those little pixels sure look good.  Anyhow, I looked online for other people who had made them - a general consensus seemed to be that they are more like a gooey nut and honey mixture, which is a little too calorie-dense for my tastes, plus whenever I looked at them in-game I always thought they'd be more like a baked good.  On the Skyrim wikis, Honey nut treats are grouped in with other "candy" edibles, however, I saw that the sweet roll, essentially a bundt cake, is also considered a "candy," though obviously a baked good.  I took this caveat as permission to make this a baked good rather than a solid chunk of nuts and honey.  

The concept I'd had in my head for a while was that it is more of a buscuit-like concoction, with an overabundance of nuts, and honey mixed in as well as honey on top.  This did not seem like it would be too difficult to concoct on my own.  Since I have never made biscuits from scratch, I decided to just go the easy route and buy some biscuit dough.  I also thought that hazelnuts would be the best chopped nut option, but Safeway didn't have those either, so I went with walnuts - might be better than hazelnuts anyway because they are softer and easier to chop.  Last but not least, tons of honey. 







They were extremely delicious, but didn't stay on the sticks as well as I had hoped - I think part of it was the dough I used, and that I had coarsely chopped the walnuts.  Next time: Chop the walnuts more, and make the biscuit dough from scratch so it all sticks together better.  It was really really yummy, and honestly tasted just as I had pictured all this time.  For a more candy-inspired version of honey nut treats, check out this person's blog.

Comments

Popular Posts