Well, it has been a while since I updated on the progress I've made with the portal device. Here are the latest pictures. I've been repeatedly adding gesso to the white shells, ordered some new spray paint canisters (higher quality, I think I'll re-do the black center piece), and I got a plastic bottle that nearly fits the specs for the center portion. It's a little snug, but I'd rather not have a piece of scotch tape going down one side of it. We are working on the wiring, and I've got the three little nubbins almost ready for putting on the main white shell. Soon we will have it done - just have to wait for the paint an wire strippers in the mail. Amazon.com has been our best friend during this trip - and since I got prime, we've been able to save on shipping, and our supplies arrive super fast!